One year ago today, the two of us set off to act like idiots on the internet. Then it was no turning back because we are both pretty stubborn, and if we start something, we don’t want to quit. Truth be told, we really enjoy it. It gives me a way to be a little creative since I’m not teaching right now. It gives Kat a way to show off things like her Elton John costume, obnoxious American flag leggings, and her as Kim Kardashian with champagne popping off her booty. What a journey.
If you’ve been reading since the beginning, thank you. If you’re a new reader, thank you. We tossed around some ideas about what to do today because let’s face it-the first anniversary of a blog is a very big deal. Nah. We don’t take ourselves that seriously. However, we are “cheers-ing” in two ways.
1. We’re highlighting our top 5 posts from our first year. Aaaaand since we make the rules around here, it will actually be a top 6.
2. We’re giving away a little prize.
- Our very first post is one of my favorites. It was a tribute to our dramatics, and that’s something we don’t take lightly.
- Our salute to the 90’s is coming in hot at the number 2 slot. It literally offered no wisdom to anyone, but it was a great trip down memory lane, and I love memory lane.
- My tribute to the twins for their first birthday is my final favorite. Oof. It makes me miss those many sleepless nights. They were so itty bitty, and now my tears are not.
4. Our anniversary Q&A for our parents was definitely a favorite. Chuck and Paula are two of the funniest people I know. (There’s a Kim and Kanye as a couple reference in there. How things have changed since April…)
5. Caroline wrote tributes to her offspring. I wrote a tribute to my old car. Trust me. If you haven’t read it, it’s funnier than it sounds.
6. I’m missing traveling (or even the thought of traveling) something fierce, so our tribute to our glorious planet and the wonderful places on it is a favorite.
Now that we’ve covered that part, let’s give someone a prize. Since the first anniversary is paper related, we are making traditionalists everywhere proud and giving away a somewhat paper gift. I’ve mentioned several times how much I love Lindsay Letters. You can get a canvas or print in any of her art. We are giving away a gift card to one winner to Lindsay Letters, so you can choose something beautiful from her collection to add to your home.
Comment on our post and enter the Rafflectoper. We will choose a winner at random and let you know on Friday. FYI Your information will be private.
Since we’re celebrating 1 year, we’d love to come to each of your homes and sing “Seasons of Love” for you, but since we can’t, we’d love to know how YOU “measure a year?” For example, I would measure a year in episodes of Wheel of Fortune. Kat would measure a year in stacks of pancakes. What about you? Please leave a comment and tell us and then enter to win.
Thank you for reading!