My oldest girl turns 5 today, and I just don’t know how I feel about it. How do they go from this
We birthday-ed too much yesterday, so today’s post is short and sweet.
Five things about Claire Bear
- Her favorite time of day is after her sisters go to bed, and she gets to stay up a tad bit longer, eat “sezzert”, and watch a few minutes of TV. If somethings gets in the way of this time, it throws her off, and she becomes very upset. I can say the apple doesn’t fall far: I, too, love solitude and “sezzert”.
- She tells me all the time that when she gets older, she is moving to Arkansas. I don’t know how I should feel about this.
- She gave me all the warning signs of the little fireball she would become. After 27 hours of labor and three hours of pushing to try and bring her into this world, she is just as stubborn today as she was 5 years ago. She is quite the stubborn mule, and I hope this benefits her in some way some day.
- What would I do without Claire? I’m not quite sure. She is the best helper with her sisters. She knows what to do to get them to stop crying. She’s the one that make them laugh the most. She helps me by fetching diapers, clothes, snacks-all the important things. My favorite thing she does for them is go hop in the crib with them if they are crying after I put them to bed. She volunteered to start doing this, and it’s precious. If both are crying, she gets in one crib, lies down with one, and then hops out and moves to the next crib to do the same thing. Bless her.
- I feel like she is going to be one of those people that is good at whatever she tries. Her father is like this, and it’s annoying…well he’s not a good ice skater, but that’s the only thing I’ve found. I think she’s going to be like this…except her Pippy is a little concerned about her pitch. I have to agree a little after her random belting out at the grocery store the other day. She just kept on singing her song, and I was a tad embarrassed. That’s about the only thing though; she’s just a talented, smart little girl.
Happy birthday to my favorite 5 year old.