Kat’s off galavanting in Costa Rica today, and I’m writing about granola. Tomato. Tomahto.
If I had a witty story about granola, this is where it would go, but alas, I don’t because well…. it’s granola. However, don’t let my lack of a humorous tale deter you from making it. It is so good and much better than most anything you’d buy.
-3 cups old fashioned oats
-1 cup sliced almonds
-1 cup chopped pecans
-1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
-3/4 coconut oil, melted
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/2 cup flax seeds
-2 Tbs. honey
-2 Tbs. maple syrup
-1 tsp. salt
-1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
-couple dashes of nutmeg
-3/4 cup dried cranberries (I usually skip these. It’s great without them but always a good addition.)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix everything together (except cranberries) and then spread on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You’ll want everything slightly crowded on the pan but not too crowded.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then stir everything around, add the cranberries, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool on baking sheet after getting out of the oven.
- You can also up the crazy factor and add chocolate chips once it’s all cooled.
Delicious! It makes a great snack or breakfast, or you can be like me and eat your weight in it when it’s cooled on the pan.
Thanks for stopping by today! Love you bunches (of oats).