This literally has zero to do with tinsel, but it is a festive game you could include at your family gathering.
Before we get going, I’ll share my Christmas card to get you in the spirit since Kat shared hers recently.
I won’t name this friend I’m about to drag through the mud, but she does read our blog, so she knows who she is… Anyways, this friend received my card in the mail and then asked where I got that quote on the card. Seriously?! Does Claire looking like Will Ferrel not give it away enough?
Son of a nutcracker. Why am I friends with her? 🙂
I used this game the other night, and if I’m being honest, most that played were major disappointments, but they gave it their all, so I’ll forgive them.
You name the Christmas movie and then read the first part of the quote, and someone has to finish it. It would be real fun if everyone/every team had their own obnoxious buzzer-sleigh bells, reindeer caller, Mariah Carey.
Finish that Christmas Movie Quote Game
- Love Actually-“If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling that you’ll find that love __ __ __ __.” (is actually all around)
- Elf-I’m sorry I ruined your lives and crammed 11 __ __ __ __.” (cookies into a VCR)
- Home Alone 2-“Guests of the celebrity ‘Ding Dang Dong’ stay at the world renowned Plaza Hotel, New York’s __ __ __ __.” (most exciting hotel experience)
- The Polar Express- “This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas, am am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas __ __ __ __.” (lies in your heart)
- The Grinch (with Jim Carey)-“Hate, hate, hate. Double hate. Loathe __.” (entirely)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas-“I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all really. Maybe it just __ __ __ __.” (needs a little love)
- The Santa Clause- “Charlie, stay away from those things. They’re reindeer, you don’t know where they’ve been. They all look like they’ve got __ __ __.” (key lime disease)
- Christmas Vacation-“You couldn’t hear a dump truck driving through a __ __ __.” (nitroglycerin plant)
- Christmas with the Kranks-“You’re skipping Christmas? Isn’t that __?” (illegal)
- A Christmas Story-“Aaah! ‘Fra-GEE-Lay!’ It must __ __.” (be Italian)
- The Holiday-“I have found almost everything ever written about love __ __ __.” (to be true)
- Home Alone-“Bless this highly nutritious microwaveable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people __ __ __ __ __.” (who sold it on sale)
There ya go. It’s a game that can be played in the living room or on a Zoom call-just like they did in Bethlehem.